My new TV room

I need to redo my TV room, its toooooo white. We have white walls, a white carpet, white curtains and a white soffa, chair and footstool, there are lots of windows and a lot of light in the room. Its fresh but boring so its time to change it.

I want the room to get a dark blue makeover. This is my inspiration pic:


living room

My inspiration pic is a bit too dark because of the black trimming and blue roof but I really like the vibe and look of it all. With the mainly blue focus my accent colours are black and brown.

First of all I need to paint the walls a darker shade of blue, Im thinking something along these lines:


newburyport blue benjamin moore.  Just painted Boyd's bathroom this color after seeing this picture!
Its Newbury blue by Benjamin Moore and I really like the greyish blue tone. I will, like they have in the pic, keep the white trimmings and a white ceiling to keep it popping

I have looked at some different options for a new sofa, which I want to be a darker shade of blue preferably in velvet and super comfy. It should be big enough so that the whole family can lounge around and snuggle in it. Also it needs to be available in stores easily accessible in our neck of the woods, its so easy to dream up a fantasy scenario where I can get things from all over the world but I have to stay realistic here. 
So the first option for a sofa is from Mio and it looks pretty good although maybe not comfy enough for a TV room.
  • Produktbild - Watford Delux, 3-sits soffa

This sofa from The sofa store on the other hand looks very comfy and a bit more contemporary then the other one which is appealing. In a TV room comfort goes a long way so this is probably the better option.
soffor-online-blå-howard-soffa

I would add some nice pillows to make it extra homey and comfy. Probably along the lines of these:
ELCE Stockholm
from longcoastliving

I already have these from Svenskt Tenn so at least one of these will be in there
Kudde Elefant Bomull

I also already have pillows in this material from Robert Allen, which I love, so they will also stay
Crystal Lake Midnight från Robert Allen

Might want to add this one also from Svenskt tenn to add a bit of brown accent

Kudde Världskarta Lin

I need to add one or two comfy chairs to lounge in. I'm thinking black but still airy like these ones from House Doctor with a nice foot stool to go with them and a big fluffy pillow in them to make them more comfy.

I also need a new coffeetable but for some reason i find coffetables to be one of the trickiest furnitures to pick out, they very seldom look right to me. I have looked and looked but the only one I can find and like ok is this one from Baazar.
  • de-11

Although it might work better to get a teak 60s one even if that is not what I love but it goes with the sideboard below that needs to stay.....Ok so I looked at pics and no I hate them all I can't do it. Of course if I had unlimited resources I could get this one from Svenkt tenn which works, but I don't so I won't.

Soffbord 2139 Almrot


As I said I have some pieces that need to stay in the room from before so i need to work with these pieces and tie them into the room. For the most part that should not be a problem with one exception. We have a typical 60s teak sideboard its the only piece of furniture that my husband has gotten to choose on his own and he clings to it. It looks somewhat like this one. 


















As you might have guessed Im not a big fan but it is staying. 
I also have a huge stuffed bear in the room which is staying. It looks somewhat like this one although our Samson is much cuter and around 50 years old.
He has a lot of affectional value so we are definitely keeping him and the kids love to sit or lounge on him whilst playing Xbox so he has a purpose as well.

I also have a black side table/pedestal that i have inherited so that is also staying. And it will tie in nicely with the black lounge chairs. 

I still haven't found the perfect carpet. I know exactly what I want it to look like but i just can't find it anywhere which is sooooo frustrating. I can give you an general idea though so its a shade darker than this colour but the pattern is pretty much right but I want a different material as I want it to be soft and fluffy.
Produktbild - Arifa, Handvävd matta


I love to have a nice centrepiece above the sofa. Right now we have family pictures on the wall but I do love a big mirror. Maybe something along these lines from Zara



GOLDEN PROFILE MIRROR


    Then there is all the pictures for the walls and accessories but I think they will get their own post.

    Comments

    Popular Posts