My new bathroom

My other summer project, other then the entry, is to fix our main bathroom. Its not big and Im just doing a small update to the room. Im keeping the tiles and all the appliances except for the sink cabinet, sink, faucet, mirror and lighting above it. The sink cabinet and matching mirror of today is old and worn in oak but in no way the good kind or shape so it has to go. The sink is cracked and the light is just plain ugly so I really need to get this project going. Since I don't want to spend too much on this room, we have so many other projects going on and/or planned for, so Im doing this room on a tight budget but I think I can get a great update anyway.

I have bought the IKEA sink cabinet  in the picture below. It looks black in the picture but is actually a dark brownish colour which I don't like, therefore I am doing a small IKEA hack where I am going to repaint it to a different shade of black which will improve both on the colour and the texture of the piece. I really don't want it to look like a massproduced piece so the homepaintedtexture will make it look more unique.



I will also change the knobs on it. I haven't yet decided exactly which ones I am going to put on, I have a few options. I will also paint the existing cabinet in our bathroom the same colour and use the same knobs so that they match.

So here are my options, maybe these

Skålhandtag 3922 - Tenn
or these



or maybe more clean ones like these


since I love blue and white maybe I should put in these

Vit och blå porslinsknopp med små  mönstrad yta och silver färgad metall krage . I tyngre välarbetad modell.
glasverandan.se

I choose a different sink to go with it so that it matches the existing style of our bath and toilet more so I picked this one


ODENSVIK Sink, 1 bowl IKEA 10-year Limited Warranty. Read about the terms in the Limited Warranty brochure.
































The faucet will have to match the existing ones so it will have to be a compromise so its not even wort showing here.

I am also looking for a new mirror and light fixture to go with it. I haven't found those yet either but I really like this one from Dansani. Its a bit of a splurge but it has a great look to it with the oldstyletypeframe in silver. Within the frame there is LCD light which solves the lighting issue and it has all sort of specialities such as antifog etc. It would look great in our bathroom.



I think I might although have to keep on looking for something a bit more budget friendly and I suppose I will end up having a mirror made at the local framing place.

Comments

Popular Posts