One Kings Lane room inspired by Hermes

Since I love doing these rooms here I go again this time Im inspired by Hermes and their typical colouring of black and orange.

Since I have started a pattern here as always I start with a great rug. It has the correct shade of orange and it also picks up on the black and white that I will use in the room.

Why not switch it up and use a nice daybed instead of a sofa this time.  This one has a great shape and the black legs goes with my concept. I imagen that a daybed might be more useful in this room maybe due to big windows of maybe to connect a fireplace area with the sitting area.

Anne 84" Daybed, Cream

Two of these beautiful Admiral Bergére chairs are both stylish and comfy so they would fit well in my room

a couple of palmer ottomans. I love ottomans and stools so always add that and some matching pillows to go on top
Palmer Ottoman, Orange

Crewel 18x18 Pillow, Orange

























Im going with this mirrored Murphy Cocktail table as a coffee table. It is discreet although beautiful it picks up all the colours in the room and multiply the objects on top so I would style it with great focal points like the ones below

Murphy Mirrored Cocktail Table, Pewter



At first I selected a matching mirrored chest but that is just to obvious and matchy matchy so to make the room more interesting a classic bone inlay chest works wonders

Bone-Inlay 3-Drawer Chest, Black


always add lots of lamps I each room there should be about seven different light sources so to pick a couple how about this fun pair of asian figurine lamps


This lamp is just wonderful with its golden petals so I would put this semi flushed mount to light up the room along with the table lamps


Broche 6-Light Semi Flush Mount, Gold

To give the room warmth lets add lots of accessories and flowers to the room such as a ceramic zebra, its black and white and sophisticated so why not

Ceramic Zebra

Some pretty orange peonies

16" Dogwood & Peonies in Vase, Faux

and nice white hydrangeas which are my two favourite flowers

12" Hydrangea in Vase, Faux

I always like to gather different items on trays which gives your homey clutter a more organised look so how about this oval iron tray


or maybe this striped tray, or why not but in both? one on the coffee table and one one the chest

20" Striped Tray, Black/White

some royal wood boxes

Asst. of 2 Royal Wood Boxes, Orange

books always bring a homey feel to a room so to keep your selection of mainly orange books organised I suggest using a pair of iron dogs

5" Pair of Iron Dog Bookends, Black

pretty objects such as this sunburst objet would go well on the striped tray or on the mirrored coffee table where this pretty object would optically multiply in a cool illusion.

9" Sunburst Objet, Gold

Most any room does well with a mirror and this scallop mirror would look great in my room, its sophisticated and fun and goes well with my Hermes feel

Milling Road Scallop Mirror

finish the room of with some great art for the walls that stay with our colouring theme, and then we are done!!! Living in Hermes! Of course it would be great to ad the Hermes tray and blanket that I have shown in an earlier post to top the room off.

Jylian Gustlin, Ad Lucem 15

Justin Garcia, Chromacity VII




Comments

Popular Posts